Sunday, December 28, 2008

Day "41"

Okay...we are back at the BMT Unit. Jeff's heart rate has lowered and he has got some life back in him! :) He still has a fever, so they have run blood cultures and started an wide spectrum antibiotic until they know where the infection is coming from. They have not had to do a bladder scope yet because the nurses have been able to release any clots he has had since last night. A CT scan showed that he still had a "moderate sized" right pleural effusion (fluid between his lung and rib cage), so I am assuming they will tap it again tomorrow! Hopefully the worst of bladder issue is behind us. I don't want to see Jeff in that much pain ever again...I felt completely helpless.
On a more positive note, Jeff has definitely engrafted! He has an ANC of 4.0 and a WBC of 4.75! He also has no sign of GVHD! I had to stop today and remind myself of all the amazing things that are happening because I have been focusing on the bad for the past three days. ALSO...I have been getting a good laugh from what I like to call Jeff's "morphine thoughts!" He has said some of the funniest things lately after taking pain meds! I am starting to keep a note of the things he says!

5 comments:

jlaw said...

We are following your blogs. The two of you are constantly in our thoughts. We pray for you. Jeff has been so close to us that it is like one of our own kids in that situation. Hang in there, many people are praying for you. After day "40" things have got to get better. We love the two of you and your little family and pray for the best outcome.

Anonymous said...

Hey Kith and Jeff,
just wanted to let you know that you are both in our prayers and i wish the best. i know there is not much that we can do but if you need anything please let us know.
Clay and Brenda Winn

Dan,Lisa,Zeak,Jake,Kaci said...

We are glad to see things improving. Hopefully today has a good outcome and the lungs and bladder can start to improve. I don't want to see either one of you go through that again. Remember we are only a phone call away. I'm amazed by your strength.

Woodlands said...

We are glad to hear that things are improving. I can't even imagine what you both have gone through the past couple of days. You are in our prayers. Like lisa we are just a phone call away. I hope your day goes well . We love you guys. Jessica

Hermana Whitehead said...

I think you have the right idea, thinking about the positive. Sometimes we have to be grateful and hang on to that one small good thing to get us through the day. Hey, great things are brought to pass through small things anyway, right?

We are praying for you and hope that things will be looking up, and more up in '09.