Monday, December 8, 2008

Day "21"

Bring on the SNOW! While I was raised with lots of snow in the winter, I have a love for skiing and snowmobiling, and I spent about seven winters driving in the snow, I am completely scared to death of the stuff! I have "Dixie Blood" now, and I am a serious cold weather pansy! As I left my sisters warm house this morning and began driving to the hospital in what I considered a white out, and what the rest of the drivers probably considered a mild winter storm, I decided that I must really love my husband! And then, when I left my sisters house for the second time tonight and found ice on the roads, I decided that I was a complete idiot! All in the name of LOVE! Well, that and the fact that Jeff had a craving for apples and microwave popcorn! After a series of Connect Four games in which I lost 2 to 3, some microwave popcorn, a good foot rub, and writing this post, I have decided that it is time to go back out on the icy roads with a prayer in my heart that my reaction skills are up to par!

No cells today, but they started Jeff on nupigyne (spelling?) shots which are supposed to stimulate white blood cell growth. He will receive them daily until he begins producing his own blood cells!

10 comments:

Drake Family said...

I know what you mean about fearing the snow. I lived in it for several years and now the thought intimidates me. Kathryn, you are such a sweet, supportive wife to Jeff! I know this must be VERY trying, but you both seem to be handling things well. Hang in there and know that there are lots of people out there praying for your family.

Andrus Family said...

Jayson always beats me at Connect 4! They must have some sort of Andrus strategy! Be careful up there- love you both! (I believe the spelling is neupogen!)

Marie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dan,Lisa,Zeak,Jake,Kaci said...

After a few days all your past experience will come back to you it is like riding a bike. Keep that prayer in your heart and all will be well. Good to see Jeff has a new craving that is a good sign. Your in our prayers.

Dan,Lisa,Zeak,Jake,Kaci said...

Even though it is scary don't you miss the beautiful white blanket mother nature wraps around us and the lights signing through it.

Lyns said...

You have become a pansy! What has the St. George weather done to my outdoors friend? Just kidding. I'm not as adventurous as I used to be either. I think it has a lot to do with having kids. :) Hopefully this new stuff they're giving Jeff will start to work soon! By the way, now I have a craving for apples and popcorn. :)

Prentiss said...

We are thinking about you and praying for you all! Jeff, you've been such a good friend and example to us and we think the world of you. Hang in there!!
Love, Jon and Prentiss Bowler

Anonymous said...

Kith if it makes you feel better I still hate driving in the snow. I have no Dixie blood and I really just don't like it. Be safe!!! Jeff we are still thinking of you and you are always in our prayers. Take care, Jessica

shannon said...

Kathryn,
I am cold just looking at that picture! It is NICE and sunny here:) So glad Kaitlyn has been able to see Jeff, I am sure that has been good for both of them.
Jeff we pray these new shots will help. Thanks for the update-we love you.
Shannon

Aleisha said...

What a good wife you are!!!