Friday, December 26, 2008

Day "37"




When Jeff was diagnosed in July, I thought that his transplant was coming quickly. I just knew that he would be home for our first Christmas in our new house. Then, when we were told that he wasn't considered severe yet and that his transplant wasn't going to be anytime soon, I just knew that his transplant wouldn't be until after Christmas. I kept telling people, "If we can just make it until Christmas!" I'm not sure why, but Christmas has always been a big deal for me. Then, in October, when Jeff's levels dropped into the severe category, and we began preparing for transplant, I prayed that he would be able to spend Christmas with my kids and I. My prayers were answered! Although there were several times I thought it may not happen, my little family was all in one place...a wonderful, snowy place...on Christmas Eve. I believe I witnessed a miracle! Jeff tried so hard to be involved in the Christmas Eve "duties"--although he fell asleep a few times while doing so! Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Angie Cazier said...

Jeff, I hope you and your family had a very Merry Christmas!! I am so happy you have made it out of the hospital. Our thoughts and prayers are still with you and your beautiful family. I hope you continue to have great progress in this battle.
Dan and Angie Cazier

Anonymous said...

you all look super sleepy