Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Day "22"

Jeff called me this morning around 8 am sounding frusterated. He had just gotten his blood results back and his ANC (absolute neutrophil count) was still at 0.0! The ANC has to be .5 for three days straight before he can be released from the hospital. Again, he expressed his concern that his transplant wasn't going to work! However, when Dr. Cao came in for morning rounds, he gave us some semi-good news! :) He looked at some of his blood sample under a microscope and found 12 teeny-teeny-tiny neutrophils! Which means that his ANC is now 0.0012--yeah I know it's pathetic, but it's a start! Also, Jeff was unhooked from his "second wife" (aka his med pole) all afternoon today! He loved it! I couldn't get him to sit down because he could move around his room so "freely!" It's the simple things that bring lots of JOY these days!

7 comments:

Lyns said...

Thank goodness for little victories! Here's to more and more of that happening! I'm sure it's frustrating, but things will turn around soon. You guys are always in our thoughts and prayers!

Dan,Lisa,Zeak,Jake,Kaci said...

We are so excited. By small and simple things are great things come to pas.

Mary said...

Giving new meaning to counting blessings! Yeah for the little things!

janece said...

The eternal optimist says HOORAY for .0012 better than .00000!!!
Love to all of you

Anonymous said...

Hey Jeff, atleast you didn't have to sit through the Comp Guidance Basic Training a couple of days ago---pretty exciting stuff!! Keep your head up, I'm sure the transplant will kick in any day.

You da man.

Alton clan said...

Hey...that is good news! It's progress right? Keep your spirits up...you've got a ton of people pulling for you so something good is bound to happen. It's amazing how wonderful the simple things become isn't it. Thanks for the reminder! You're our heroes!

Heidi said...

Hi, I'm Heidi Ence Hafen. I went to school with Jeff and Jayson. My older sister Amber Guerisoli told me I needed to check into your blog. As I've read through the past days of your journey together as a family tears have rolled down my face. I want you to know that our prayers will be with you and your family.