Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Day "29"

Quick Stats: White Blood Cell Count = .57 and ANC = .3 YEAH!!

Jeff had a "hopefully" minor set back today. After talking with a nurse about some pain around around his shoulder blade, she decided to suggest a chest x-ray. That x-ray showed that Jeff's right lung has quite a bit of fluid around it and that his right lung is also collapsed. Right now, they are just having him exercise and use his breathing machine more often to try to fix the problem. I am sure the doctor will have more to say about it tomorrow.

Every year, the patients who are here around Christmas donate an ornament for the BMT Unit Christmas Tree. I included pictures of the ornament we added today! Merry Christmas!

8 comments:

Hopie said...

I'm so glad you put a feedjit on your blog. It will tell you how many people are thinking of you and your family. Jeff is the talk of everyone we went to school with. Keep your spirits up. We're all praying for you. Lots and lots of prayers.

Anonymous said...

We love the Family Picture on the ornament. Keep up the good work. Have a good day.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for keeping us posted. You're in our prayers night and day. We are inspired by your positive attitude and faith. Let us know if there's anything we can do.
Bishop Powell and Family

wenwin said...

We had a lovely winter mix of ice and snow last night out here in Pennsylvania. I hope all will be well for Friday as we fly out West for Christmas.
We are always thinking about you and Jeff and the babies.
If we can help in any way while we are in St. George, please put us to work!
Lots of love,
Rich and Wendy :)

Dan,Lisa,Zeak,Jake,Kaci said...

those numbers are awesome! The ornament is adorable. Hopefully you get good news on his lung today. Keep smiling
Love Ya Both

Nielson Family said...

We are a family in Stansbury Park, UT. Our best wishes for you and your family. We will also keep you in our prayers.. I am a nurse so I know just a little of what you are going throug. Blessing will come watch for them each day they are there you just have to recognize them...
Best wishes.

Erin said...

Jeff -
I just heard about your situation - and I'm so glad I came in at the end when I can see that you're getting well :0) ( I'm a drama wuss...what can I say?) Good Luck on your goal to get home for Christmas and know we'll be praying for you!

P.S. I love all of the bald heads! You have such an amazing family!

Anonymous said...

hope you have a merry christmas and hope you are back down the street soon