Monday, January 12, 2009

Day "56"

I just got off the phone with Jeff's mother, and I have realized that now, more than ever, Jeff and his father have a lot in common--a deep love for morphine and phenergan as well as a hospital room. This morning, Jay had a partial knee replacement (hence the morphine and phenergan), and the doctors are requiring him to spend the night at DRMC to make sure everything is going as planned. Jackie said the drugs have put him out like a light! Hum...that sounds so much like someone else I know! We wish him a good and speedy recovery.

As far as Jeff's hemorrhagic cystitis is concerned, he is still bleeding. The doctors have decided to continue the prostiglandin treatment for now...the fact that his hemoglobin held again today gives them hope that something is working. It has been four days since he has had a red blood cell or platelet transfusion--that is a miracle in and of itself. We will see what tomorrow brings.

I went to my sister's house to shower and eat dinner with her family tonight! They sent me back to the hospital with some yummy chicken noodle soup for Jeff as well as this picture below! When I gave it to Jeff, he said, "Oh...did Ashlyn draw that?" That is when I had to admit to him that it was indeed MY SISTER that drew the picture--Ashlyn just added the dots on her face. It's drawings like this are are priceless and will definitely help Jeff get better soon...Thanks SUZANNE for helping the cause! :)

3 comments:

Woodlands said...

I didn't know she had so much talent:) That could really make someones day! We hope you guys have a good day.

Jackie said...

Gotta love the drugs. Kathryn, you are so amazing to get up everyday, do your routine, and then diligently post about Jeff's day. Keep going, sista! I know all of us who read your blog wish we could take your place and make your burden lighter, and give you some rest, if even for a day.

suzy said...

I am afraid that all my creations will never be shared again. I can't believe you posted that horrible picture! I told Ashlyn I was not an artist, now the point is well proven. I guess I have to be grateful that Jeff got a laugh out of it. We are glad that things are looking better.