Friday, January 9, 2009

Day "53"


As some of you may know...Jeff has some issues with the U of U hospital food from the cafeteria. I am sure it stems from the constant nausea and vomiting. :( For the last several weeks of his initial hospital stay, he would only eat from the BMT galley or TV dinners. Then on the next hospital stay, he only ate from the galley...NO TV DINNERS. Now, Jeff is no longer considered nutripenic (his blood counts are above a certain level), so he can eat outside food. It is good for him, but bad on the pocket book! Funny thing is that he will eat from the cafeterias at Huntsman and Primary Children's (both a good walk from here), but he will not even look at the menus from downstairs-- which is included in the "price" of this room! I tease him that he is pretty high maintenance, but he always comes back to the same statement..."If I am going to sit in this bed all day, I am at least going to eat good!" And "eat good" is exactly what he is doing!

7 comments:

Dan,Lisa,Zeak,Jake,Kaci said...

I don't blame you. besides that your looking a little thin. :)

Aleisha said...

Go Jeff, Cafe Rio is the best!!!

Anonymous said...

I am glad he can eat the good stuff now. I love Cafe Rio. He is looking good. Keep it up.

Alton clan said...

Cafe Rio is definately good...especially the pork tacos. Hey, I don't blame you for wanting to eat good....and your lucky that your wife is so good to go get you what you want. You should give her a big kiss for that :)

about us said...

The U of U food IS bad....the U of U food on chemo.....well, I can't even imagine (and that's coming from a former U hospital dietitian)! You're looking good, so the "outside" food must be agreeing with you! Keep it up!

Hopie said...

Been there, done that!!! We spent too many days up there and NEVER ate the U of U food. My family ALWAYS went over to Primary... I thought it was just us!!!

janece said...

ATTA BOY JEFF!!!!!