Saturday, January 10, 2009

Day "54"

Yesterday, for about thirty minutes, Jeff's urine was a nice yellow color...I have never been so excited looking at a urine bag in my entire life! However, it quickly turned to the old familiar red color. Today, when the urologists stopped by for their daily visit, they were excited and said it was looking better! I, on the other hand, had to bite my lip before I said a smart remark about the fact that it looked worse to me! Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I have been staring at the dang bag for five days now and praying for yellow--anything less is simply "worse" in my eyes! If his bladder is still bleeding on Monday, they are going to switch the medications he is receiving during bladder irrigation. Meanwhile, I will work on my bad attitude toward his hurdle in Jeff's VERY SUCCESSFUL BONE MARROW TRANSPLANT! I need to focus more on that!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

thats soo sad that that is happening but i am sure that he will get through and come back to st.george!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Jeff & Kathryn,
we pray for you daily, and hope each day there is some little miracle that happens even if its just getting to eat Cafe Rio. I know that God's tender mercies are sometimes hard to see but I promise they are there. You are an inspiration to everyone especially Russ and I. Hang in there. Not too long from now, you will say, "I can't believe we made it through this." Love ya Russ and Janet Saxton

wenwin said...

Okay, yellow is good. We have the sun, yellow starbursts, bananas, lemonheads, legal pads!, yellow M&Ms, and my favorite, Corn on the Cob and yummy yellow butter !
So, we are all going to think YELLOW this week- Jeff, nothing but yellow thoughts, BE the yellow, BECOME the yellow, WEAR the yellow, YOU ARE the yellow!

Hooray for yellow Jello! We love you!

Rich and Wendy :)))))))

Aleisha said...

Kathryn!! You are amazing. You hang in there. Jeff is lucky to have you by his side!!