Sunday, November 30, 2008

Days "12 and 13"


Well, yesterday was yesterday...ENOUGH SAID ABOUT THAT!

Today, day 13, we received a picture from Jeff's cousin! It was titled the "Bald Mans Club!" We got a good laugh from it, so we thought you might enjoy it, too! I guess that Jayson, Jeff's brother, brought a shaver to the Andrus Family Thanksgiving Dinner, and people lined up to shave their heads for Jeff. The first, and most surprising, in line was Uncle Jim! Thanks for the gesture guys...it brought a good smile to my hubby's face!

Other than the fact that Jeff was stuck here in this room, his day went very well. His bone marrow is expected to begin producing by day 18, which is Friday! It sure will be amazing to see his blood levels rise without a transfusion! The best part of my day today was attending a little sacrament meeting here at the hospital! It only lasted for 30 minutes, but it was powerful! I really need a good spiritual uplift, and the speakers touched on everything I was struggling with! I am so grateful for the college students who volunteer here. The have brought the sacrament to Jeff each week, and he has been so grateful for it! Have a wonderful day! We hope to as well! :)

5 comments:

janece said...

Jeff & Kathryn I just finished reading the entire blog start to finish what an amazing couple you are. The two of you are so lucky to have each other both of you are such an inspiration to all of us. Kathryn you are an angel and Jeff I don't know that I've seen anyone go through what you have with a smile on their face "you're the man." I'm sure you realize the entire neighborhood is praying for your speedy recovery and I can attest to the power of the Morningside First Ward. Love to all of you... The Gardners

Lyns said...

What an AWESOME picture. That is so neat. You guys have some great support going on. That is so neat about the Sacrament Meeting too. I'm sure it is just priceless to have to such wonderful people up there. Here's to looking forward to Friday. Love you all!!

Hopie said...

When I had my son up there, we went to a couple of Sacrament meetings there at the "Hope Chapel". I liked that for some reason :) It's weird with all the IV poles and wheelchairs, but thank goodness they do it.

Rance Wright said...

Jeff, Wow...I had no idea you were going through this. It really puts into perspective - life. I wish all the best for both of you.
Rance

Debbie Parker said...

We continue to follow your progress, and so appreciate you sharing these difficult experiences with us. We hope that having so many people love you will make things a little easier. We both LOVE you!
Danny & Debbie Parker