Thursday, November 20, 2008

Day "3"

There is really no big news to report today...I guess that no news is good news! Jeff had his second dose of methotrexate (a heavy immunosuppressive drug) which is totally wiping out his white blood cells. He has two more doses--one on the 6th day and the last on day 11. I guess the big news for today is that Jeff talked to Kaitlyn on the phone for the first time since he was admitted! Their conversation was limited, but I think it was good for both of them.

I have included a picture of what one nurse, Bob, told me was Jeff's second wife. When I asked why, he told me it was because it was always following him around! Yup...that is pretty much what both the med pole and I do all day...follow Jeff around!:)

6 comments:

*ShaRisE* said...

HEY!!! im glad i found your page ive been looking for one so craig and i can keep updated!!! tell jeff to hang in there!!! we love and miss him!! i miss you guys already!! we want to come up sometime to visit!! when we do we will let you know!! we miss you guys and are praying for you!!!

Lisa said...

I am so happy for BLOGS! I keep up on your whole adventure thru your Mom...Your kids are so cute, Kaitlyn actually got to play with Savanah a minute or two when your Mom came visiting teaching. Hang in there...and when you feel like you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and HANG ON! We love you, we pray for you! Take care!
Lisa Blackett :)

Lyns said...

No news IS good news! I'm so glad things are going well. You guys keep strong. Every day is one day closer to Jeff being 100% healthy. I'm sure Kaitlyn and Jeff LOVED to hear each other's voices. :)

Danielle and Elijah said...

Hi guys! We love you and miss you! We love to stay posted and check the blog daily. LOVE YOU.
Kelly, Danielle and Elijah

B. Jill said...

Dearest Andrus Family,
Sending you our love, thoughts, and prayers from all of us at PVHS. We are thinking of you. Please let us know any way we can help. We're cheering for you (and the Utes too!)
With our Love,
Pine View High School

Dan,Lisa,Zeak,Jake,Kaci said...

I"m not sure I agree with no news being good news in my case. I'm not sure what I was expecting it has only been 6 days and I think I wanted him to say your healed now just buck up and deal with the pain. Instead he said keep being good. No or little weight for another week. And let the pain decide what I do. Patients has never been my top quality. So I will keep being good and reading your blog. Let me know if you want the camera from my sister. If you want a good movie I would recommend Emma It will definitely make what you are going through take on a whole new meaning. Just be prepared to cry. Take care. Love, Lisa