Sunday, November 16, 2008

Day "-2"

Today was the last day of CHEMO! Hooray!! It was a very long day for Jeff. He received several transfusions, had a reaction to to an immunosuppresive drug to caused severe back pain and a rash, plus he had some nausea (and everything related to it!) I, on the other hand, had an amazing day with my kids! Jay and Jackie stayed with Jeff while I went to see my kids...on Jeff's orders! It was very important to him that one of us saw them, and since he had no options, I GOT TO GO! It was a wonderful day. I stayed with them until I put them to bed tonight, and then returned to the hospital to relieve his parents!

2 comments:

Lacy said...

Jeff and Family,

Hope you are doing well and your recovery comes quickly. We have thought about you guys often, with our recent expereince we have a glimpse of what you are going through. We'll be coming up in the following weeks so if you need anything from here lets us know. We would really like to come and visit, but will try to be sensitive to your situation. From what I hear things should hopefully start looking better. And i'm not talking about your bald head or dazzling good looks. Hopefully you get your appetitie back soon. I would offer to bring you some good stuff but it likely tastes metallic. What are your favorite foods? Do you enjoy puzzles, movies, video games, etc? Hang in there! In our prayers.

Davis Family

Lyns said...

I'm sure that your kids were so happy to see you! My mom talked to your dad and he said that they have been having a BLAST with the kids! Maybe I can Ava down soon to play with them. She LOVED playing with them. I'm so glad the chemo is over.