Friday, November 14, 2008

Day "-3"

Today has been a quiet day. Jeff felt fairly good this morning, and he slept for most of it. After his third dose of chemo tonight, he vomited a little. The pharmacist was here yesterday, and Jackie asked about the chemo. She said that they rate chemo from 1-10...10 being the strongest. Jeff is receiving about a level 8 each day. The name of the chemo is cyclophosphamide. Jeff can feel when it is going in him! It is a feeling he can't describe and no one will ever understand unless they experience it for themselves.

I have been sleeping here at the hospital with Jeff while my kids are in Nephi with my parents. There are several interruptions during the night, but the small fold out bed isn't to bad. I was able to go home this afternoon (well to my sisters house in Bountiful) to shower and take a nap while Jay and Jackie spent the morning and part of the afternoon here with Jeff. I guess I shouldn't have left, because when I did, the clippers came out! Jay was completely bald when I returned! Jay makes a good bald man! I think he could probably get used to not using a comb. Jay's not the only one sporting a bald head! Jayson, Joel, Quinten, Carter, Bradley, Peyton, and Jacob are shiny on top as well! As soon as I get pictures of all of them, I will post them on this blog! It will provide some comic relief to you! :)

3 comments:

Mary said...

The bald craze is great--we've seen Jacob and he looks GOOD, and Erin's cute new short hair is wonderful. What a show of support!! I loved, too, that you had your kids involved in shaving Jeff's hair--you guys are amazing!!!

Lyns said...

That is so great that they are all bald! You go Andrus Fam! :)

shannon said...

Oh Kathryn, that is great-a family of bald men (please don't feel bad that I wond let lance do it-he is too close to that being his permenent reality that I can't bare to see him shave it :) What great family support!
Shannon