Thursday, November 13, 2008

Day "-4"


Well...last night started out great, and then the nausea kicked in around 4 am. The rest as they say is history! Jeff has not been able to eat much today, but he did eat a bowl of cereal before his second dose of chemo tonight. Jeff also received his first dose of ATG, which is an immuno-suppression drug. I had to take a picture of Jeff's med pole because it seems to grow every time I walk into the room! More and more fluids...more and more drugs! Hang in there Jeff!
I think the best thing that has happened to us since yesterday was the fact that Jeff was moved to a new room. Now, I say new, but that simply means a different, bigger, nicer room...not a new and improved room. The U of U BMT unit is quite old and out dated, but the nursing staff makes up for any discomfort! They are amazing! We have had so many little miracles in our short stay here in SLC. We have been blessed with everything from wonderful living accomodations offered by others and extra special care from doctors and nurses to pictures of shaved heads to lighten our mood (which I plan to post on this blog for your enjoyment as soon as they are emailed to me). Thank you, thank you, thank you! We could not do this without the help of our support system!

4 comments:

Lyns said...

Keep it up guys! One day closer to being through all of this. We're always thinking about you and keeping you in our prayers!

Annie Nielson said...

I'm so glad you started the blog to keep us all updated. I'm constantly wondering how you are doing and if things are going ok. If you ever need help with your kids, let me know. I'm always home with Ryan so I can help with Kaitlyn and Kolten. You're in our thoughts and prayers.

We love you tons!!

Jackie said...

Cool med pole! Do I see a bag of Dr. Pepper hooked on there??

Andrus Family said...

That pole even intimidates me! We love you and miss you down here! Please know you are in our prayers...even Brynns!