Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Day "78"

Jeff has officially graduated to weekly appointments because his blood counts are becoming very stable! It has been several weeks since he has needed a blood transfusion. The vision of Jeff in a hospital bed struggling through a blood clot or a manual bladder irrigation is still so fresh on my mind that it is hard to completely convince myself that blood transfusions are a thing of the past. He continues to pass tiny clots here and there, but they are nothing like they used to be and to be expected! He is still experiencing nausea and vomiting, so the doctor switched up his medications a little bit yesterday. We are both (but Jeff especially) are looking forward to a day when we don't have to keep a "barf bucket" within reaching distance! :) Being a family of four again has been wonderful and very difficult all at the same time! While the kids bring a smile to Jeff's face when they come running for him first thing in the morning, they can also cause the opposite effect several times throughout the day. Me...well I can't give Jeff near the attention and care I used to, which makes me feel guilty, but real life had to come back at some point!

8 comments:

Jillyn said...

I've been following your progress with tears and cheers every day and appreciate you sharing. I went through this in 1985 with my husband while raising 5 little kids. I can totally relate and appreciate you sharing. You're doing great and I would love to see you when you're able to get back home. Hang in there.

Jillyn Wells

Lyns said...

That is WONDERFUL news! It sounds like you guys are really on the mend now. What a trip you've had, but thankfully, it sounds like Jeff is getting healthier and healthier every day. We are still keeping you in our prayers wish you the best! Thank you so much for your updates. They mean so much to us.

Dan,Lisa,Zeak,Jake,Kaci said...

It is time you get a break and see improvement that is awesome. Have a great week and let us know if you need anything.
Lots of Love and Prayers

matesen said...

Congrats on stable counts! It sounds like Jeff is getting better every day. I am happy for you! Good luck!

Dawna Greer said...

We're so glad that Jeff is finally able to see noticeable progress. Hopefully the n/v will pass and he'll really feel alive and on the mend. We keep your name on the Temple roll. Good luck to all of you.

Aleisha said...

yeah!!!

horoscopo de hoy said...

Thanks for another excellent post. Where else could anyone get that kind of information in such an ideal way of writing? I’ve a presentation next week, and I’m on the look for such info.

Zoosk said...

Howdy, i read your blog from time to time and i own a similar one and i was just curious if you get a lot of spam comments? If so how do you stop it, any plugin or anything you can suggest? I get so much lately it’s driving me crazy so any assistance is very much appreciated.